- Paper Submissions Deadline (Final)
- Feb 15, 2020 (Closed)
- Feb 21, 2020
- Camera-ready Deadline
- Feb 28, 2020
- Conference Dates
- Mar 17-19, 2020
High Performance Computing Saudi Arabia (HPC Saudi) is the premier regional event in the field, where participants from academia, industry, and government come together to share ideas and experiences, and discuss cooperation and collaboration, to advance the cutting edge in HPC, nationally and beyond.
This is the 10th HPC Saudi event and this year it will focus on the themes related to the convergence of HPC with big data, artificial intelligence (AI), and IoT. A particular focus is to explore the future HPC technologies in the era of ubiquitous smart computing, such as big data analytics leveraging edge, fog, cloud, and distributed computing for low-latency smart sensing and actor applications. Such technologies will play fundamental role in shaping the future of HPC, and our planet, as we move towards the smart era embracing smarter cities and societies. This becomes particularly important with many grand smart city projects worldwide such as the NEOM city supported by $500 billion from the Saudi government under Saudi Vision 2030.
The conference topics include the following:
- Smarter HPC Infrastructure
- HPC Architectures
- HPC Algorithms
- HPC Programming Models
- Heterogeneous HPC
- HPC Accelerators including GPU, FPGs, and MIC
- HPC Memories and CPUs
- HPC Hardware
- HPC Software
- HPC Storage
- Energy efficiency in HPC
- Networks for HPC
- Data Locality
- Fault Tolerance
- HPC and Data Programming Models
- HPC Software and Hardware Gap
- Exascale Computing
- Convergence of HPC, Big Data, AI, and/or IoT
- HPC Resource Management
- HPC Scheduling
- HPC Scalability
- HPC and Cloud Computing
- HPC in Edge and Fog Computing
- Low-Latency Design in HPC
- HPC and Distributed Computing
- HPC and Ubiquitous Computing
- HPC and Data Visualization
- HPC Applications
- HPC and Virtual Reality
- HPC for Smart Buildings and Homes
- HPC for Smart Cities and Societies
- HPC for Smarter Planet
- HPC for Transportation and Logistics
- HPC for Healthcare
- HPC and Industry 4.0
- HPC in Smart Energy Grids
Submission and Proceedings
We are not accepting further submissions as of Feb 15, 2020.
Submitted manuscripts will be judged by the Technical Program Committee (TPC) on significance, originality, relevance, correctness, and clarity. Manuscripts must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal.
The authors of the accepted papers will present their work at the conference. The accepted Full Papers will be included in the conference proceedings to be published as a Springer book and will be available for worldwide access through Springer’s digital library Springer Link.
We plan to explore publication of selected papers in Special Issues of relevant journals.
Tutorials will be provided on key topics related to HPC.
Best Paper Awards
Three papers will be selected from the accepted papers for Best Paper Awards.
Prof. Rashid Mehmood (RMehmood@kau.edu.sa), King Abdulaziz University
TPC Committee (to be updated)
- Dr. Ammar Alanazi ( KACST ).
- Dr. Raed Shaikh ( Saudi Aramco ).
- Dr. Saber Feki ( KAUST ).
- Dr Amany AlShawi ( KACST ).
- Dr. Omar Saadoon ( Saudi Aramco ).
- Dr. Alia Bahanshal ( KACST ).
- Dr. Saeed Zahrani ( Saudi Aramco ).
- Eng. Ahmed Al-Jeshi ( Intel ).